Being sexually active in the reproductive age comes with a lot of responsibilities, especially for a woman. We must prioritize our sexual health, before being intimate with another individual.
Unsafe sex can increase the risk of sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies. Nearly half of all pregnancies are usually unplanned. These unplanned pregnancies can cause mental and physical health issues in women.
Contraception is an important part of sexual health. Every girl and women should be aware about the contraceptive options to prevent the unwanted consequences.
What is contraception?
Contraception, or birth control, is an important aspect of a woman’s health. It is one of the safest and easiest ways to take control of your future and live life the way you want.
Contraception is a method used to prevent pregnancy by interfering with the normal process of ovulation, fertilization, and implantation. Contraception options generally fall into two categories: contraception for birth control, or contraception that aims to prevent both pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. There are lot of different birth control options available, which act at different stages of the fertilization process. Although these contraceptive methods work in different ways, they generally aim to prevent sperm and an egg from meeting each other and preventing pregnancy.
With so many options in the market, finding the contraception method that works best for your lifestyle and family plan can be challenging. You may have to spend a lot of time and energy trying out different types of birth control.
Understanding the options available is the first step in choosing a contraception method that is right for you. Here is what you need to know about various birth control methods:
- Behavioral changesToddler behavior can be surprising, frustrating, and often out-of-control. Parents play a major part in framing child’s behavior. It can be difficult as well as rewarding. The best way to improve child’s behavior is to give them a lot of attention when they are trying to do something you like and do not pay attention when they are doing something you do not like.
- Talk with your toddler: It is important to talk often, openly, and honestly with your child. Talking will help them to start using words to express his or her feelings. A good communication between parent and child will encourage better behavior from them.
Choosing the right contraception for you
Now that you are aware of different contraceptive options available for women, you have to decide which option suits for you. Consider what your goals are, what your lifestyle is and what you are planning for the future. You can always talk to your gynecologist to get personalized birth control advice. Your doctor can give you more details about each option and can help you with the correct choice.
- Contraception. https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/index.htm. Accessed on: 17-09-2020.
- Your contraception guide. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/?tabname=methods-of-contraception . Accessed on: 17-09-2020.
- Birth control methods. https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/birth-control-methods. Accessed on: 17-09-2020.
- Contraception choices in women with underlying medical conditions. http://www.aafp.org/afp/2010/0915/p621.html. Accessed on: 17-09-2020.
- 12 types of birth control. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-pacific-southwest/blog/12-types-of-birth-control. Accessed on: 17-09-2020.
- Your contraception choices. https://www.thewomens.org.au/health-information/contraception/your-contraception-choices. Accessed on: 17-09-2020.